Monday, November 29, 2010

Almost a century old...

My boyfriend's grandmother passed away last night. She was 99 years old and 9 months... A venerable age! I have never had the chance to meet her, she lived far away...  But I heard stories about her and she was a great person. We were supposed to throw her a  big party for her 100 birthday on January 1st with all family's members but it won't happen... It was my boyfriend's last grandparent alive. 

He is sad and I can understand why. My boyfriend had to deal with death numerous times in his life, including his father's death when he was very young. I never had to deal with death... My four grandparents are still alive (85, 83, 83 and 76 years old!) and I have never lost a friend or other significant people. I know B will be ok soon, it's just a bad time for him and his family. Life will go on, but he will never forget her.





7 comments:

  1. im sorry to hear about his grandmother! yes it's very sad..one of my grandmothers is 95..my other is about 88..and my grandfather is 90! Getting old seems so hard but it's great that they have lived for so long!!

    and OH! We got our first little snow flurries the other day...i mean, i had to squint a little to see them, haha but they were there! for a few minutes..boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Hooo, you really want snow, don't you!!! Hope you have a white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your bf's loss =/ I am in the same boat as you -- I have both sets of g-parents living and well, there were even able to come to my wedding this past March. Hopefully he will let you in to take care of him through this hard time

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your bf's grandma :( Il est chanceux de t'avoir : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your boyfriend's grandmother. He's lucky he has you to help you through this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw I'm so sorry :( Praying for your boyfriend to get through this tough time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all! That's nice of you!

    ReplyDelete