Monday, October 3, 2011

Miscellany Monday & Menu Monday!


  • Once again, the weekend was not long enough!
  • Saturday, I baked 2 pies with my mom: an apple pie and a blueberry-almond paste pie (with fresh blueberries that my mom picked out by herself in the woods! In October!) Those pies were SO good!!!
  • I did a big cleaning of the house and it feels so good! I love when things get done! It was a very productive weekend!
  • This weekend, I watched Season 1 of Gilmore girls (2000)! I can't believe it was 11 years ago!!! I have all the DVD and I love watching it! 
  • It looks that this week, we will finally be getting a check from the insurance company for the water damages we had back in May (almost 5 months ago!!!)! Finally!!! It was about time!
  • Saturday morning, I woke up with a big bruise on my left ankle and it still hurts! I don't know how I got that! I can't workout for a couple of days because my shoe hurt my bruise!!! I want to work out so bad because I have not worked out in the past week!!!

Menu Monday
This week is a short week because we are heading to Montréal on Friday for the long weekend!

Monday: Chili con carne
Tuesday: Partridge meat, brown rice and veggies
Wednesday: Macaroni and roasted brocoli
Thursday: Pizza and cucumber salad

I have already cooked the chili and the macaroni yesterday, so two dinners are ready for this week! I don't have to worry about getting those dinners done! The boyfriend will be cooking the partridge meat and the pizza is a frozen pizza! 

Have a great week everyone! 
What's cooking in your kitchen?

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy it is Chili season again! Such a easy supper and always alot of leftovers :)
    We have enchiladas,BLTs, lots of Quinoa and Pumpkin & Black Bean soup - which I made last night and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgosh! I am the biggest Gilmore Girls fan! It is so sad that there isn't another witty show on the tube these days! Although I do have the DVD library set (Christmas and birthday gifts!)

    I told my husband I will bring him to Montreal one day, show him where I lived when I went ot college (off of Ste. Catherine) and go eat at Bar-B-Barn! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, pies! I have chili on my list of things to cook this week too!

    And I LOVE Gilmore Girls! I catch the repeats on TV and told my hubs that I want the seasons for Christmas haha. I miss that show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I found your site while blog surfing. It's really quite cute!! I can't believe you have wild blueberries. I am sooo jealous ~_^. I love pies so much. It sounds like you really had a productive weekend. It's true they are never long enough.


    ~Kim
    Nailpolishtime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete