I have never showed you the DIY project I did a couple months ago for our upstairs living room!
I had an old white drawer chest (bought at IKEA like 20 years ago!) from my childhood bedroom and I had the great idea to give a second life to it!
I put a black/white damask wallpaper on each drawer (3) and I had to be really careful because of the damask pattern, I wanted it to be perfect! It took me like 6 hours to do it! I painted the top and sides with black paint. I also purchased 6 silver knobs and I think the final result is great! And it looks really nice in our grey living room!
Total transformation cost: $50 (approximatively)
Unfortunately, I didn't think to snap any pictures of it before the makeover!!! But you can figure that it was a really old piece of furniture, it used to be white, but it was more like a pale yellow color ha!
Here some pictures of the final product:
There is a lot of storage to put all my DVD!
I just love that damask pattern! And this is an unique piece of furniture!
Did you do any DIY projects recently?
Very nice!
ReplyDeleteI'm not creative like that. I would never think to transform something old into something that pretty.
What a great idea! I would totally lose patience trying to get the whole thing to line up properly.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! This looks awesome!! :)
ReplyDeleteomg wow!!! I love that!! I am loving damask right now, and this looks sooo chic! Great job!! xox
ReplyDeleteI just became your newest follower! I would love for you to visit my blog & follow back if you’d like.
Also, check out my giveaway for a Missoni for Target hat!
Blessings,
Kat
http://www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com
you did an amazing job with this! looking at it, i didn't even think that it was an old chest of drawers. :)
ReplyDelete<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Stages of Beauty Giveaway :)
you did such a good job. i love the drama of it. perfection. you should be very proud. thanks for sharing, love. I've got a new outfit post featuring my favorite Lauren Conrad skirt. Love to hear what you think. xo
ReplyDeletewww.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
Adventures of a southern girl turned LA stylist.l