A friend of mine called me last night, completely in shock and panicked. She could barely talk, she was crying a lot and unable to say anything. At first, I thought that her fiancé or her parents had a car accident. It was not that. Last night, she found out that her husband-to-be next year had been cheating on her. For months, almost a year. It started on the Internet, on several dating sites... He was clearly not innocent!!! It was not a one time thing, it was not only with one woman, he met several women during that time. I don't know what's the appropriate word in English to describe him, something like a jerk I believe?
The wedding is off. Her heart is broken in thousand pieces, can you imagine... She had been with that guy for two years and now, she feels that her life is over. She thought he was the one, he wanted to marry her. Now, she feels so betrayed by someone she loved. She feels stupid that she had not been able to see who he was for real... He was clearly not the guy she thought he was. She never thought that he was that type of disgusting guy! She thought everything was fine, that everything was working well between the two of them. Her pain is so intense.
It made me think a lot... How can we really know someone? These days, with online dating sites, it is so easy to cheat like that and think that we will never get cut... And I'm sure a lot of guys did not get cut... Do you think a girl could forgive a guy for doing such a thing?! I don't think so, it is such a big betrayal... Afterwards, trust is completely broken and hard to rebuild...
That is a horrible thing that I have also experience. Once a cheater always a cheater. The internet just makes it easier!
ReplyDeleteWow I can really relate to this post and just reading it makes me want to cry. BUT I am at school and have to compose myself. Being betrayed is the worst feeling in the world especially when you are head over heels for someone that has completely stolen your heart. I definitely feel for your friend and know how hurt she is right now. It's so weird that you posted this when I am going through the very same thing. The internet just makes cheating so much easier- Facebook seriously makes me angry at how it works as a tool for "easy cheating and lying". Right now I am a wreck inside and all I can ask myself is what did I do wrong to make the guy that I love want to go to another girl for happiness?? It really really hurts.
ReplyDeleteone of my guy friends cheated on his wife with girls from the internet. I watched it tear apart their marriage and family (they have 2 kids together). So sad for your friend and thankfully she saw his true colors BEFORE the wedding.
ReplyDeleteLove,
B
That's so sad. I know it happens more than we think. I hope your friend will realize that she truly is better off without someone who would hurt her like that. I know she's in pain, but fortunately she found out before they were married. Poor girl :(
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine finding out the person that you love and trust enough to spend the rest of your life with is such a dirt bag. Jerk is putting it mildly...I can think of worse terms to call him! I hope your friend is okay and recovers from the shock of all of this soon.
ReplyDeleteomg that's terrible! I would be so devastated! I cannot imagine ever cheating on someone I loved.
ReplyDeleteI would be devastated. But I am glad it happened BEFORE the wedding and that there were no children involved. I do believe that there are good men out there, she will find one!
ReplyDelete